Eldar models

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dragon Rider Host V 2.0

Hey guys it's been a while since I updated here mainly due to my last period at university and the first week of my vacation (which means working at my dad's road construction company). But now I'm back and I've had a number of games under my belt with the list and I'm looking forward to getting ready for the next tournament which is september 12th.

But in the games I played I found I really needed to get some more AT in my list that would really do the job. now as you know I'm follow the way of Saim Hann since before I started my own army. Fritz has been going down the Singing spear route with his council and getting in some banshees for CC support. I've chosen to go the other way and I'm going to be using my council mainly as a hand to hand element multe charging multiple support units and just keepng them from doing their job. in order to fill the AT gap i've chosen to ditch one of my fire prisms for the fire dragons in a serpent option. this and some other changes have let to the following list:

HQ: 455pts

Farseer: 175

With doom, Fortune, Spirit stones, Runes of warding, Jetbike

5 warlocks: 280

With 4 x Doom, 1 x Enhance, Jetbikes


ELITE: 283pts

6 Fire Dragons: 128

With Exarch,tankhunter,crackshot

Wave Serpent: 155

With twinlinked scatterlaser,Vectored Engines,Spiritstones,pintle mounted shurican cannon.


TROOPS: 621pts

6 Guardian Jetbikes: 152

With 2 shurican cannons

6 Guardian Jetbikes: 152

With 2 shurican cannons

10 Dire Avengers: 152

With Exarch,Bladestorm,Dual catapults

Waveserpent: 165

With twinlinked Brightlance, Vectored Engines, spirit stones



FAST ATTACK: 180pts

1 Vypers: 60

With Scatterlaser

1 Vypers: 60

With Scatterlaser

1 Vypers: 60

With Scatterlaser


HEAVY SUPPORT: 160pts

Fire Prism: 160

With spiritstones, Holofields

Total: 1699pts


So what do you think?

Cheers CJ

4 comments:

  1. Interesting.

    Are the Vypers together in a squad? I've never personally used Vypers, but a friend of mine runs 3 with EML and Shuriken cannons in a squad. They are pretty decent at long range anti-light tank and good anti-personnel too. Running them in a squad gives them some much needed survivability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Rkik I found that with one unit of 3 they are a lot more vunrable since all units can just shoot at 1 unit and still kill all three tank splitting them up splits his fire which is also a extra thing keeping him occupied. I haven't tried it yet so I'm just going to have to try it and see :)

    thanks for the comment

    Cheers CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. like it great ob hey i played black matt heres the bat rep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XJlxlHp97U

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this list a lot, I can see it uses Fritz's main list as a template, and i've used that one many times to great effect.

    I did always wonder about getting Fire Dragons in there, but I was too stubborn to take away the extra vypers. I rather like this list :)

    ReplyDelete